Saturday, December 17, 2011

Top 10 GLC Companies In Malaysia You May Want To Work For..

A government-linked company or GLC refers to a corporate entity partially or wholly owned by the government through a holding corporation. A GLC can be a private or a public listed company, operating independently through its own business indicators and KPIs.

Following is a list of 10 GLC companies in Malaysia you may want to work with:


1. Petronas


Founded in 1974, Petronas or Petroliam Nasional Berhad was shouldered with the oil and gas operation in the country, and later quickly grew its operation in more than 30 countries worldwide. In 2008 and 2009, Fortune magazine listed Petronas among the 100 largest companies in the world, the only Malaysian company which has achieved the feat. In the recent time, the company also revamped its salary structure, giving fresh graduates one of the highest paid around.


2. Maybank


Currently the largest bank in Malaysia, Maybank has also expanded its operation beyond the country’s shore which include Singapore, Indonesia and Philippines. Its Indonesian venture was recently surrounded with controversy but that does not stop the bank from receiving awards, one after another. Last month, Maybank was named as the Overall Best Domestic Private Bank in Malaysia by Asiamoney during the annual Private Banking Poll.


3. Telekom Malaysia (TM)


Telekom Malaysia (TM) underwent its most pleasant turnaround under the helm of Datuk Wahid Omar, who introduced result-oriented approach and put emphasis on customer-driven approach. The TM Point facelift we see today is highly attributed to this guy, which has since left to become the new chief of Maybank. TM is Southeast Asia’s second largest telco company, with an almost complete monopoly on the country’s fixed line network. Whether the services are really up to the standard is still a question to address.


4. Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB)


With close to RM70 billion worth of asset, Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB) is presently the largest power and utility company in Southeast Asia. The company’s main business interests are in the generation, transmission and distribution of power and electricity. TNB’s CEO, Che Khalib Mohamad Noh, who lead the company to achieve a record profit of RM4.2 billion, was named as Malaysia’s CEO of the year in 2008. In reward, he was paid more than RM1 million in compensation.


5. Sime Darby


The Sime Darby company we see today is a result of a gigantic merger between of the old Sime Darby, Golden hope and Guthrie, which gave birth to the world’s largest plantation based corporation. However, the core businesses have now diversified into other fields including property, industrial, motors, energy, utility, healthcare and so on. The company now a massive number of more than 100,000 employees working in more than 10 countries worldwide.


6. CIMB Bank


If you want to work with CIMB, be prepared to work hard and rewards will come. The company does not have problems to pay up to more than 10 months bonuses if you perform really well. Just look at the CEO, Datuk Nazir Razak, who became the highest paid GLC CEO with total earnings of about RM10 million. CIMB also has a long list of accolades under its best, such as Islamic Banker of the Year, Best Domestic Provider, Best Malaysian Equity Fund and Best Retail Banking Innovation Award.


7. Perodua


Being the country’s no. 2 car maker, Perodua or Perusahaan Otomobil Kedua wasn’t given much face and hope during its early formative years. But it persevered and proved itself not just another side kick in the corner, producing cute looking small and compact cars for the local and overseas market. The company has today proved that it won the hearts of Malaysians with many best selling cars, including Myvi, which outsold Proton Wira in year 2006.


8. UMW


UMW is one of the country’s biggest locally owned companies, with a diverse range of portfolio ranging from automotive, manufacturing, engineering, insurance, agriculture and so on. It was originally founded by a local 14-year folk by the name of Chia Yee Soh, before it changed hands and eventually ended up controlled by the Malaysian government. Its reputation and size later led to its partnership with the Toyota Motor Corporation of Japan.


9. Media Prima


As the largest media group in Malaysia, Media Prima Berhad controls several television networks, newspapers, publications and radio stations. A series of TV network acquisitions saw Media Prima becoming the sole owner of all private free-to-air television network in the country. Apart from the local operation, the company also has spread its wings overseas, with its first off-shore venture secured in Philippines last year.


10. Proton


Proton has its fair share of good and bad things. It was a promising year in 1983 when former Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad unveiled the beginning of Proton and the launching of Proton Saga 2 years late. However, it suffered a number of drops and instability in the organization before the company pulled Syed Zainal Abidin from Perodua and made him the MD in 2006. Syed was quick to jump into action by initiating new models and customer retention strategy.


SOURCE

Related Posts :



29 comments:

ranjani karthick said...

Hi there, awesome site. I thought the topics you posted on were very interesting. I tried to add your RSS to my feed reader and it a few. take a look at it, hopefully I can add you and follow.










Dredging Companies India

avdnowhere said...

thanks Ranjani.. :D

Anonymous said...

I am truly glad to read this web site posts which consists of plenty of valuable data, thanks
for providing these kinds of statistics.

Take a look at my web blog ... http://torontowinetasting.com/

eventpro strategies said...

what a great web blog. I usually spend hours on the net reading blogs on various subjects. And, I really would like to praise you for writing such a fabulous article on event staffing I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and yes you got it.

Anonymous said...

Howdy! I just would like to give an enormous thumbs up for
the nice information you’ve here on this post.

I shall be coming back to your blog for extra soon.

Feel free to visit my site ... 紋唇照片

Anonymous said...

Hi there to every single one, it's truly a fastidious for me to pay a quick visit this site, it contains valuable Information.

Stop by my webpage Read the Full Post

Anonymous said...

Good day! I just wish to give an enormous thumbs up for
the nice information you may have here on this post.
I can be coming again to your weblog for more soon.



My website: 自然排序

Anonymous said...

Good day! I just would like to give an enormous thumbs up for the
nice data you may have here on this post. I will
be coming back to your blog for more soon.


Here is my site cherished teddies cameron

Anonymous said...

Hey! I simply would like to give an enormous thumbs up for the great info you’ve got right here on this post.
I might be coming back to your weblog for more soon.


Feel free to visit my web page :: how much does plastic surgery cost in uk

Anonymous said...

Howdy! I simply would like to give an enormous thumbs
up for the good information you will have here on this post.
I will likely be coming back to your weblog for more soon.


My homepage: semolina wheat pasta recipe

Anonymous said...

Whats up! I just would like to give a huge thumbs
up for the great information you have got right here on this post.
I will likely be coming again to your blog for extra soon.


Feel free to visit my blog seminole county property appraiser seminole county clerk of court

Anonymous said...

Good day! I simply would like to give a huge thumbs up for the nice info you have
right here on this post. I shall be coming again to your blog for more soon.


Feel free to visit my webpage top 10 seo company los angeles

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I simply want to give a huge thumbs up for the great information you might have here on this post.

I can be coming again to your weblog for more soon.


my webpage :: seoul garden korean bbq restaurant singapore

Anonymous said...

Hiya! I simply want to give an enormous thumbs up for the great data you have here on this post.
I will probably be coming again to your blog for more soon.


Look at my web blog ... korean plastic surgery tour package

Anonymous said...

Hello! I just wish to give a huge thumbs up for the good info you may have here on this post.
I will likely be coming again to your weblog for extra soon.


Feel free to visit my web blog - adult stem cell research facts

Anonymous said...

Howdy! I simply want to give a huge thumbs up for the nice
information you will have right here on this post.
I can be coming back to your blog for more soon.

Here is my web site SEM

Anonymous said...

Hey! I simply wish to give a huge thumbs up for the great data you
might have right here on this post. I shall be coming back to your weblog for more soon.


my weblog; seunghun hong seoul national university south korea

Anonymous said...

Howdy! I just wish to give a huge thumbs up for the good information you
could have right here on this post. I will be coming back to your
blog for more soon.

Also visit my weblog nose plastic surgery prices canada

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I just wish to give a huge thumbs up for the good data you’ve
got here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.


my web site affordable seo services uk

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I simply want to give a huge thumbs up for the nice
info you’ve got right here on this post.
I shall be coming back to your blog for more soon.

My web page :: discount cosmetic surgery in costa rica

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I simply wish to give an enormous thumbs up for the nice data you’ve got right here on this
post. I will be coming again to your weblog for more soon.


Feel free to surf to my blog: semi truck headache rack cabinets

Anonymous said...

Good day! I simply wish to give an enormous thumbs up for the good info you may have here on this post.
I will likely be coming back to your weblog
for extra soon.

Review my homepage seoul national university tuition fee

Anonymous said...

Good day! I simply wish to give an enormous thumbs up for the good
info you have got here on this post. I will be coming back to your weblog for extra
soon.

my web-site: hotels in seoul south korea itaewon

Anonymous said...

Hey! I simply wish to give an enormous thumbs up for the nice data you’ve here on this
post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.


Here is my web page: SEM

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I just want to give an enormous thumbs up for the great
data you will have right here on this post.
I can be coming back to your weblog for more soon.

My web page - genex semen tanks

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I just wish to give an enormous thumbs up for the good info you have got right
here on this post. I can be coming again to your blog for more
soon.

my weblog: semen allergy pictures

Anonymous said...

Whats up! I simply want to give an enormous thumbs up for
the good data you’ve right here on this post.
I might be coming again to your blog for extra soon.


Look at my homepage - cherished teddies wedding bears

Anonymous said...

Good day! I just wish to give a huge thumbs up for the good information you have got here on this post.
I will be coming again to your weblog for extra soon.

Also visit my homepage: seo free software tools

Anonymous said...

Good day! I just want to give a huge thumbs up for the nice data you will have here
on this post. I can be coming back to your weblog for more soon.


Also visit my web-site cuando es semana santa 2013 en costa rica

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment my post.. :D

Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free! Free Page Rank Checker eXTReMe Tracker

Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Directory Personal Top Blogs Personal blogs
cool (187) funny (66) games (3) hacking (15) information (294) jokes (5) latest (180) making money (2) sharing (486) software (16) story (17) tips (13) tips and tricks (15) tricks (13)
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Powerade Coupons